Sunday, October 18, 2009

Evening of Music


We went to some friends house for a party in their Pub.  He has lots of musical equipment, and some very talented friends.

We had an evening of great food, wonderful music, and a little wine.  It's great to see them all again.

The pub has very dark red walls, and the lighting is very subdued.  It's difficult to take photos without a flash.  I used my f1.8 lens, and this seemed to work for this photo.  I thought it lended itself well to Monochrome.  I hope you like it.



We like to call this one, "The 6th Beatle".

Photo details: Exposure time 1/80, Aperture f/1.8, ISO 1600, Focal Length 50 mm, 35 mm equivalent focal length 81mm, Lens Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 II, hand held.
This Monochrome concept came from Aileni at The Monochrome Weekly

12 comments:

Aileni said...

Good shots. I should remember who took the iconic Beatles shot... but I don't.

RuneE said...

A very fitting name - especially considering the last photo. The lighting of the first was very fitting.

Sylvia said...

Nice. I saw the film - the Beatle's biographical - is he the 6th? Fantastic!

Danton said...

He must be a good musician with some dedication. Very nice.

Gallow said...

He's not really the 6th. It was a joke because of the photo in the background.

Pagan Sphinx said...

For me, the fifth Beatle was Yoko Ono but in some older circles, I'm sure this is an insult. :-) Brian Epstein or Pete Best?

In any event, great shots.

James said...

Nice pictures and I like the play on the 6th beatle.

Elisabeth said...

Nice feel to these images...very nice.

Daryl said...

Nice shots

@nemonen said...

Love the photo and nice to see The Beatles again.

PERBS said...

What a fun get together!

ruma2008 said...

Nobody climbs that rock.
The person who did such a thing may not return to the house.
It's fearful!!

Thank you.
ruma